Our chief want in Life is somebody who will make us do what we can.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Our INSEAD Alumni Association is a unique community of ambitious, diverse professionals and experts offering a perfect setting for a safe, neutral, mentoring between INSEADers.
Our Mentorsharp programme aims to harness the power of the community collective knowledge to exchange expertise, advice, ideas and help everyone reaches their personal and professional development goals.
No matter at what stage we are on our “Lifelong Learning” we can appreciate a competent advice, an outside perspective, a sounding board. Others often help us see, challenge and experience versions of ourselves that we might otherwise not realise.
Mentoring programmes are beneficial to mentees and mentors alike
For Mentees these relationships will:
- increase their confidence and self-awareness.
- increase their network.
- develop career and learning opportunities.
- real life advice, improved communication, managerial and leadership capabilities.
For Mentors the mentoring process give opportunities to
- share knowledge.
- give back to our INSEAD community.
- learn about themselves through reverse mentoring. By helping others, we learn how to help ourselves.
Our Mentorsharp programme enters its third wave/cycle and participants can now enrol to the new cohort. We believe we have designed a unique programme with the following characteristics:
- Gender balanced approach: each mentee benefits from working in two independent mentoring relationships at the same time, one with a female and one with a male mentor. As such, this ensures an experiential learning of balanced leadership, regardless of the matters dealt with in the mentoring programme and regardless of the gender of the mentee.
- Confidentiality: The platform follows strictly the GDPR requirements. The programme is being offered for a period of 9 months, at the beginning of which mentees will be “matched” to their two mentors according to expertise, industry, desired goals etc.
- Flexibility: The platform of our choice offers a highly agile matching system.
- Learning opportunities: Mentee and Mentors are invited to attend interactive workshops and Master classes on relevant topics such as reverse mentoring, gender intelligence, career development, gender balanced leadership. All our mentors can follow classes on Mentoring specially designed to prepare them.
The Mentorsharp programme is open to all Alumni registered as a member of the Belgian or Luxemburgish Alumni Association. In addition, Mentors give their time on voluntary basis and are expected to show commitment, confidentiality, and professionalism. Mentees will be expected to trust the mentoring process and to contribute with an unchanged nominal fee € 300 covering the running costs of the programme.